“King And Romero Are Their Twisted Best!" - Rolling Stone
Masters of horror Stephen King and George A. Romero have created a "gripping, creepy, frightening" (L.A. Reader) film that “thrills, shocks and works us over" (Los Angeles Times)! Featuring an "intelligent screenplay and first-rate cast" (The New York Times) including Oscar® winner* Timothy Hutton, Amy Madigan (Fringe), Julie Harris (The Haunting) and Michael Rooker (The Walking Dead), The Dark Half has “a terrific premise for a thriller and director George Romero sets it up with skill and style” (Roger Ebert).
Horror writer Thad Beaumont (Hutton) hopes to distance himself from his murder novels and from George Stark, the name he has used to anonymously author them. To achieve this, he cooks up a murder to play out in real life: a publicity stunt that should lay Stark to rest forever. But when the people around him are found gruesomely slain – and his own fingerprints dot the crime scenes – Beaumont is dumbfounded until he learns that Stark has taken on life of his own...and begun a gruesome quest for vengeance!
*1980: Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Ordinary People
- NEW Audio Commentary With Writer/Director George A. Romero
- NEW The Sparrows Are Flying Again!: The Making Of "The Dark Half" - An All-New Retrospective With George A. Romero, Special Make-Up Effects Creators Everett Burrell And John Vulich, Visual Effects Supervisor Kevin Kutchaver, Actor Robert Joy And More!
- Deleted Scenes
- Animated Storyboards for the Original Ending
- Behind-The-Scenes Footage – Special Effects and On the Set
- Vintage "Making of THE DARK HALF" plus additional interview clips
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spot
- Still Gallery
The Dark Half
|Director||George A. Romero|
|Writer||George A. Romero|
|Producer||George A. Romero|