Film legend Joan Crawford gives a terrific performance in this chiller from pioneer horror movie producer William Castle.
Crawford plays Lucy Harbin, a woman who goes berserk when she finds her husband in bed with another woman. With her three-year-old daughter accidentally witnessing the grisly act, Lucy axes the couple to death. She spends twenty years in a mental institution for the double murder.
After she is released, she moves in with her brother (Leif Erickson), his wife and her own daughter (Diane Baker), now twenty-three. Her nightmare is over ... or is it? When a spate of axe murders start occurring suddenly in the neighborhood, police think Lucy has reverted to her old ways. The truth is finally revealed in a rousing, blood-chilling finale.
- NEW Audio Commentary With Film Historians Steve Haberman, David J. Schow, And Constantine Nasr
- NEW Joan Had Me Fired – An Interview With Anne Helm
- NEW On The Road With Joan Crawford – An Interview With Publicist Richard Kahn
- Battle-Ax: The Making Of Strait-Jacket
- Joan Crawford Costume And Makeup Tests
- Ax-Swinging Screen Test
- Theatrical Trailer
- Still Gallery
|Actor||Howard St. John|
|Actor||John Anthony Hayes|