A "sci-fi jolt-a-thon [that's] a kick to the finish" – USA TODAY
Charged with pulse-pounding suspense, ingenious special effects from Richard Edlund and a first-rate cast including Ben Kingsley, Michael Madsen, Alfred Molina, Forest Whitaker, Marg Helgenberger and introducing Natasha Henstridge, Species is an adrenaline-charged thrill-ride you'll never forget.
When a beautiful human-alien hybrid (Henstridge) escapes from observation, scientist Xavier Fitch (Kingsley) dispatches a crew of experts to find her before she is able to fulfill her horrific purpose: to mate with unsuspecting men and produce offspring that could destroy mankind. As her deadly biological clock ticks rapidly, Fitch and his team are hurled into a desperate battle in which the fate of humanity itself hangs in the balance!
Why We Love It
“The film boasts a fresh new transfer, two great audio tracks, and hours worth of new and vintage bonus features to pick through. Fans will want to make the double dip purchase, newcomers should consider this release recommended - especially if you dig cheesy 90s creature features.” – Matthew Hartman, High Def Digest
“If you’re a fan of the film, this is a DEFINITE upgrade in terms of the video and audio quality. The video is especially notable as the previous MGM release was lacking.” – Brandon Peters, Why So Blu
“With Scream Factory giving a brand new 4K remastering the picture and sound are given a much needed boost, and even though it doesn’t look like a shiny modern movie, the film has never looked better and is HUGE leaps ahead of what we’ve had for the last 10 years. Not to mention the plethora of great special features and the fantastic artwork. Well worth the upgrade if you have the MGM Blu-ray, and a solid buy if you’re a fan.” – Michael Scott, AV Nirvana
“Shout! Factory has significantly upgraded the video and consolidated all the prior extra features from the MGM and Fox discs. The new making-of doc is a nice addition as well as the vast image galleries. For genre fans, Species garners a VERY SOLID recommendation.” – Dr. Stephen Larson, Blu-ray.com
- NEW 4K Scan Of The Film's Interpositive
- Audio Commentary With Natasha Henstridge, Michael Madsen And Director Roger Donaldson
- Audio Commentary With Director Roger Donaldson, Make-up Effects Creator Steve Johnson, Visual Effects Supervisor Richard Edlund And Producer Frank Mancuso Jr.
- NEW Afterbirth: The Evolution Of SPECIES Featuring Interviews With Director Roger Donaldson, Cinematographer Andzej Bartkowiak, Production Designer John Muto, Composer Christopher Young, Creature Designer Steve Johnson, And More
- From Sil To Eve – An Interview With Actress Natasha Henstridge
- Engineering Life
- H.R. Giger At Work
- The Making Of Species: The Origin, The Concept, The Discovery
- Designing A Hybrid
- Theatrical Trailer
- Alternate Ending
- Photo Galleries (Production Design, Creature Designs, Film Stills, Behind-The-Scenes Photos, Posters And Lobby Cards)
Species [Collector's Edition]
|Frank Mancuso Jr.||Producer|