The Human Rights Concerts were a series of international music events between 1986 and 1998 presented by the Nobel Peace Prize-winning organization Amnesty International to raise funds and awareness for the fight for worldwide human rights.
This 6-disc DVD box-set features over 12 hours of concert performances by many of the world’s top musicians. It also presents nearly 5 hours of supplementary content that provides contextual features, interviews and documentaries - and 15 additional performances for Amnesty by stars including Radiohead, Green Day, Coldplay, Mumford & Sons, Pete Townshend, Seal, Jeff Beck and Bono.
A Conspiracy of Hope (1986)
Featuring Jackson Browne For America / Miles Davis Tutu, Burn / Lou Reed Walk On The Wild Side / Peter Gabriel Sledgehammer, Biko / Bryan Adams Straight From The Heart, Summer of ‘69 / Joni Mitchell Number One, Hejira / U2 MLK/Pride, Bad, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Maggie’s Farm, Help!, Sun City / The Police Message In A Bottle, Every Breath You Take, Roxanne and more!
Human Rights Now! (1988)
Featuring Youssou N'Dour The Truth / Tracy Chapman Talkin’ About A Revolution / Peter Gabriel In Your Eyes / Sting Don’t Stand So Close To Me, Every Breath You Take / Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band Born In The USA, Fire, The River, Twist & Shout, La Bamba and more!
An Embrace of Hope (1990)
Featuring New Kids On The Block Call It What You Want / Sinead O'Connor Nothing Compares 2 U / Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance / Peter Gabriel Biko / Sting Little Wing, They Dance Alone and more!
The Struggle Continues (1998)
Featuring Alanis Morissette Hand In My Pocket / Peter Gabriel with Yossou N'Dour Signal to Noise / Tracy Chapman Fast Car / Bruce Springsteen No Surrender / Jimmy Page & Robert Plant Babe I’m Gonna Leave You, Rock and Roll / Shania Twain You're Still The One / Radiohead Karma Police, Paranoid Android and more!
Other performers include Joan Armatrading, Joan Baez, Ruben Blades, Bob Geldof, The Hooters, Howard Jones, Fela Kuti, Wynton Marsalis, The Neville Brothers, Peter, Paul And Mary, Carlos Santana, Third World and Steven Van Zandt.
Further Information and history: www.HumanRightsConcerts.com
- 32 individual segments (totaling 4¾ hours) of companion content
- In-depth documentary about the concert series featuring new interviews with Bruce Springsteen, Sting, Bono, Peter Gabriel, Pete Townshend and more
- Exclusive new 20-minute interview with Bruce Springsteen
- Exclusive new 20-minute interview with Sting
- Peter Gabriel's home movies of 1986 tour - including backstage scenes and legendary late-night all-star jam!
- Interviews and Amnesty testimonials featuring major music & movie stars
- Additional stage and studio performances for Amnesty by Bono, Jeff Beck, David Byrne, Coldplay, Green Day, Mumford & Sons, Ozzy Osbourne, Joe Perry, Damien Rice, Seal, Pete Seeger, Sting & The Secret Police, Pete Townshend, John Williams and Evan Wood