Darkman [Collector's Edition]
“Raimi's live-action comic book aims to deliver scares spiked with laughs. That it does.” – Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
Liam Neeson (Taken) and Oscar® winner Frances McDormand (Fargo) star in Darkman – the explosive, action-packed thriller from director Sam Raimi (The Spider-Man trilogy).
Dr. Peyton Westlake (Neeson) is on the verge of realizing a major breakthrough in the creation of synthetic skin when his laboratory is blown up by gangsters. Having been burned beyond recognition and forever altered by an experimental medical procedure, Westlake becomes known as Darkman, assuming alternate identities in his quest for revenge and a new life with his former love (McDormand).
Also Starring Colin Friels (Dark City), Larry Drake (Dr. Giggles), Danny Hicks (Evil Dead 2) and Nicholas Worth (Swamp Thing), Darkman is “a frenetic funhouse ride that has you laughing and screaming at the same time” (The Washington Post)!
Why We Love It
“It’s a terrific film (that I think has held up quite nicely), yes, but it has received the most royal of royal treatments…With a good presentation and an amazing array of extras, this one knocked it out of the park and then ran a couple extra laps around the bases just for fun.” – Brandon Peters, Why So Blu
“The previous 'Darkman' release was worth a rental, but Scream Factory delivers a Collector's Edition that lives up to the designation with hours of Special Features certain to delight the film's cult following. Even without a current interview with Sam Raimi, I think what they offer in telling the story of the film's creation is worth five stars. This is recommended.” – Gordon S. Miller, High-Def Digest
“This disc is loaded with goodies and fans will no doubt enjoy that. As to the movie itself? It remains a whole lot of fun, a great take on vintage monster movies and comic book inspired lunacy as only Raimi in his younger days could have created. Add to that a fun score, some great effects work and a great cast and Darkman turns out to be just as entertaining now as it's ever been. Recommended.” – Ian Jane, DVD Talk
- NEW interviews with Liam Neeson and Frances McDormand
- NEW interview with Larry Drake
- NEW interview with Makeup Designer Tony Gardner
- NEW interviews with actors Danny Hicks and Dan Bell
- NEW interviews with Production Designer Randy Ser and Art Director Philip Dagort
- Audio Commentary with director of photography Bill Pope
- Vintage “Making of” and interview featurettes featuring interviews with Sam Raimi, Liam Neeson, Frances McDormand and more…
- Vintage full-length interviews with Sam Raimi, Liam Neeson and Frances McDormand
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Galleries – Posters & production stills, Behind the Scenes, Make-up Effects and Storyboards
|Producer||Robert G. Tapert|