"This was the most expensive production I had financed. I always liked science fiction, and my idea was to do something of the feeling of Star Wars. What I came up with was 'The Seven Samurai In Outer Space.'" – Roger Corman
Shad (Richard Thomas) must scour the cosmos to recruit mercenaries from different planets and cultures in order to save his peaceful home planet from the threat of the evil tyrant Sador (John Saxon), who's bent on dominating and enslaving the entire universe. Joining this "magnificent seven" of mercenaries are the deadly Gelt (Robert Vaughn), carefree Cowboy (George Peppard) and the sexy Valkyrie Saint-Exmin (Sybil Danning).
The film brought together some extremely talented people behind the scenes who went on to bigger and better things: Academy Award®–winning director James Cameron as the art director, Academy Award®–winning composer James Horner (Titanic, Avatar ), screenwriter John Sayles (Lone Star, Piranha) and producer Gale Anne Hurd (Terminator, The Incredible Hulk) as an assistant production manager.
- NEW Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.85:1) From The Internegative
- NEW 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Mix
- Commentary By Writer John Sayles And Roger Corman
- Commentary By Production Manager Gale Anne Hurd
- The Man Who Would Be Shad - New Interview With Actor Richard Thomas
- Space Opera On A Shoestring - A Comprehensive Look At The Technical Challenges And Postproduction Of The Film With Aaron Lipstadt, Alec Gillis, Alex Hajdu, Allan Holzman, R.J. Kizer, Robert & Dennis Skotak, Thom Shouse And Tony Randel
- Trailer, TV And Radio Spots
Battle Beyond The Stars [30th Anniversary Special Edition]
|Jimmy T. Murakami||Director|