Sr. Staff Accountant
We are seeking a Sr. Staff Accountant to join our accounting team. This position will work closely with the others in the department, including royalty and finance. With educational and hands-on experience, this position will manage all areas of accounting functions such as A/R, A/P, Inventory and general accounting. To be successful in this role, the candidate must have a solid foundation in basic accounting principles and concepts. Additionally this position demands someone who has the willingness to take full ownership of the responsibilities listed below with accuracy. Other factors that will contribute to the success of someone in this role are a positive and enthusiastic attitude, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to hit the ground running very quickly.
Reports to: Controller
Exemption Status: Exempt
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing physical inventory, including daily inventory receipt, build, and transfer in the accounting system.
- Timely month, quarter and year-end adjusting and closing journal entries in NetSuite.
- Timely and accurate monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Timely filing of sales and use tax to various states.
- Preparation and reconciliation of various reports from foreign and domestic distributors (eg. Cinedigm, Universal Pictures US and Canada, Universal Music US, and MapleCore Canada). Include sales, inventory, co-op ads, and monthly statements.
- Liaises with outside auditors for the annual audit and tax filing.
- Accurate 1099 annual reporting.
- Assists in the documentation and update of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Maintains and reconciles the subsidiary ledgers (eg. A/R, A/P and Inventory) to the general ledger.
The “must haves” for this position:
- You must have held a staff accountant or a senior staff accountant position for 3 or more years;
- You must have worked with physical product inventory (either in an accounting or analyst capacity);
- Must have knowledge and a solid understanding of GAAP.
- Must be an advanced Excel 2010 user.
- Must have experience in a top-tier accounting software.
- Must be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment and have the demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated positive and enthusiastic attitude and work style.
- Excellent communications skills with all levels of staff - solicits and readily welcomes feedback.
- Willingness and ability to take full ownership of all responsibilities.
- Collaborative, a true team player.
The “would be great to haves” for this position:
- Experience with NetSuite accounting software specifically.
- Previous experience in a consumer product company.
- Previous experience with an organization with revenue of at least $50M.
Shout! Factory is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent total compensation package, which includes health and wellness benefits including company paid medical insurance, a 401(k) and other less traditional perks that reflect our unique culture. Check out our company pages on Glassdoor and LinkedIn to learn more about us!
Please send your cover letter or email explaining your interest in the position and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we aren’t able to update all applicants as to the status of their application. Thank you for your understanding!