The VP of Business Affairs oversees the business and legal aspects of Shout! Factory’s film and television acquisitions, distribution, development, production, rights management and legal operations. This position supervises a Coordinator of Business Affairs.
Reports to: Co-CEO
- Manage one full-time employee in the tracking of rights, administration of agreements, and the disbursement of advances for all Shout! Factory releases.
- Lead negotiator for film, television, home video acquisitions and feature film development, production and distribution deals, and other miscellaneous entertainment-related acquisitions.
- Provide daily legal and businessaffairs services to acquisitions, marketing, sales, HR, finance, production, digital, television, creative, and operations divisions.
- Provide business development and deal negotiation support for Shout Factory’s proprietary SVOD and AVOD channel.
- Oversee outside counsel on the drafting and negotiation of agreements and the settlement of third-party claims.
- Advise and assist in the development and production of new television and film properties.
- Oversee the distribution of the music catalog and negotiation of synch licenses to third parties.
- Manage various aspects of the rights to Mystery Science Theater 3000, New Horizons catalog, and all other catalog acquisitions including corporate structure, underlying film licenses, catalogue episodes, new episode production, and merchandise.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of film/television Business Affairs experience.
- Must be a Licensed Attorney in the state of California.
- Outstanding analytic, communication, organizational, negotiation, and legal drafting skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to assess and minimize legal risks with good business judgment.
- Knowledgeable about film, television, and music licensing.
- Understanding of current film/television windowing and release strategies.
- Interest in evolving new media business models and the ability to understand and devise new such business models.
- Extensive knowledge of film, television, and pop culture with an eye for quality and commercial viability.
Please send in a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Job Opportunities