Senior Manager, Accounting
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Manager, Accounting to join our Finance team. Reporting directly to, and working closely with our Controller, this position is responsible for a busy and challenging desk.
- Managing all recording and reporting of physical inventory in the accounting system, ensuring timely and accurate updating of data.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual accounting statements, including completion of adjusting and closing journal entries in NetSuite.
- Timely and accurate monthly balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis.
- Liaise with company managers on dissemination of accounting information via NetSuite.
- Manage timely filing of sales and use tax to various states.
- Recording and reconciliation of various monthly reports from domestic and foreign distributors (eg. Universal Pictures US and Canada, Universal Music US). Includes sales, distribution and marketing costs, reserves and other transactions.
- Recoupable costs tracking.
- Preparation and explanation of schedules for annual independent audit and tax file preparation.
- Oversee accurate 1099 annual reporting.
- Documentation and update of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Maintains and reconciles the subsidiary ledgers (eg. A/R, A/P and Inventory) to the general ledger.
The “must haves” for this position:
- You must have held an Accounting Manager position for 1 or more years;
- You must hold a CPA or similar qualification and a four year degree.
- You must have worked with physical product inventory (either in an accounting or analyst capacity);
- Must have knowledge and a solid understanding of GAAP.
- Must be a highly advanced Excel 2010 user.
- Must have experience in top-tier accounting software
- Must be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment and have the demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated positive and enthusiastic attitude and work style and capacity to learn.
- Must have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff.
The “would be great to haves” for this position:
- Experience with NetSuite accounting software specifically.
- Previous experience in a consumer product company.
- Previous experience with an organization with revenue of at least $75M.
Shout! Factory has a progressive culture of commitment to our employees, our fans and our filmmakers, as well as the greater community. We'd love to have you join our team.
Check us out online at our website: shoutfactory.com and look up our company pages on Glassdoor and LinkedIn to learn more about us!
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please note that phone calls or emails requesting an update on the status of your submission may not be replied to. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
2018 Benefits include:
- Health insurance paid 100% for all employees by Shout Factory beginning at a $500 annual deductible PPO level, with no waiting period.
- Access to low cost services like pet insurance, legal services, homeowners and renters insurance.
- Participation in a 401(k) plan with both pre-tax and ROTH options after a short eligibility period.
- Access to a commuter program that allows you to purchase light rail or bus passes as a pre-tax deduction.
- Partial paid family leave and disability leave.
- Access to a wellness program that includes weekly yoga classes and semi-monthly meditation sessions.
Back to Job Opportunities