Senior Director, Content Licensing & Strategy
The Senior Director of Content Licensing & Strategy is charged with selling Shout Factory’s Film/TV properties to digital and broadcast outlets across the world. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, projecting revenue for film/TV content, negotiating distribution agreements, and building and maintaining relationships with streaming and broadcast entities. The position demands a skilled strategist and negotiator with strong analytical and sales skills.
Reports to: SVP, Content Licensing & Strategy
- Package, pitch and sell Shout Factory content to SVOD, AVOD, EST/iVOD, PPV, and broadcast platforms across multiple territories.
- Negotiate complex licensing deals with streaming/broadcast partners around the world with an eye towards maximizing current revenue and future strategic potential.
- Manage relationships with key digital distribution partners, such as Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Starz, Showtime, HBO, and other similar services.
- Project revenue estimates for potential content acquisitions across multiple genres and content types, including film, TV, music, and short-form video content.
- Work with internal and external operations teams to ensure timely and thorough delivery of our assets to 3rd party distribution partners.
- Conduct ongoing research and analysis on internal revenue performance, industry trends and business development opportunities.
- Assist in creation of release strategies for both individual films/TV Series and film/TV libraries.
- Work closely with Shout Factory’s sales, marketing/PR, and production departments to ensure release strategies are executed properly.
- Identify and establish domestic and international strategic business opportunities for Shout Factory.
- Oversee the sales efforts of multiple agents ensuring all content is being pitched cohesively across all media.
- Disseminate rights availability to various internal and external parties, including outside sales agents.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum 5+ years of experience in content distribution/sales, preferably selling and/or acquiring content for major streaming companies, networks or studios.
Experience in negotiating and implementing complex distribution agreements is a must.
In-depth understanding of the current film/TV industry landscape is required, as is a thorough understanding of the various digital distribution platforms, especially Streaming/TV Licensing, Transactional Video-On-Demand, Ad-Based Video On Demand, and Non-Theatrical Distribution.
Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
Deep knowledge of film/TV is strongly preferred.
Shout! Factory has a progressive culture of commitment to our employees, our fans and our filmmakers, as well as the greater community. We'd love to have you join our team.
Check us out online at our website: shoutfactory.com and look up our company pages on Glassdoor and LinkedIn to learn more about us!
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note that phone calls or emails requesting an update on the status of your submission may not be replied to. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
2018 Benefits include:
- Health insurance paid 100% for all employees by Shout Factory beginning at a $500 annual deductible PPO level, with no waiting period.
- Participation in a 401(k) plan with both pre-tax and ROTH options after a 3-month eligibility period.
- Access to a commuter program that allows you to purchase light rail or bus passes as a pre-tax deduction.
- Access to a wellness program that includes weekly yoga classes and semi-monthly meditation sessions.
Back to Job Opportunities