PART TIME INTERNSHIP: Sales/Ecommerce Department
Beloved by fans and filmmakers, Shout! Factory is a unique distributor of independent film, classic and contemporary TV, music, animation and comedy. The founders pioneered the careful curation and marketing of pop culture music with their first company, Rhino Records. They brought the same passion for quality content to the video space when founding Shout! Factory in 2003, and today we are a company of over 60 dedicated employees who love to bring to the public the film and TV content they love themselves – comedy, horror, animation, nostalgia and fan favorites, delivered thru digital streaming, downloads, broadcast television and DVD.
We are searching for a Sales Intern for winter 2018. The sales/ecommerce department is a three person team giving an intern a great opportunity to get hands-on experience in many areas. What are we looking for? Someone who is proactive, organized and works well with numbers / databases. Computer Science education or experience is a plus. This is a paid, part-time position lasting up to three months, with a 2 to 2-1/2 day weekly commitment (or up to 21 hours a week).
Reports to: VP Sales/ecommerce
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Paid Time Off: 24 hours of sick leave
- Updating the DCL efactory database with additional data; must have an ability to learn how to navigate the backend of a website
- Manage various Excel documents; must understand how to enter data into Excel, move data around (filter), add and delete columns/rows without errors
- Monitoring and testing the new website (QC and proofing)
- Entering data in FilmTrack (rights management system); ie. adding awards information into each product profile using various sources
- Limited administrative tasks including large mailings
- Ability to take direction and work well with others is required
- Excellent verbal/written communications, organizational and interpersonal skills is required
- A high proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel is required
- Experience with mail merges is preferred
- Strong interest and appreciation for entertainment and pop culture is preferred
Please send in a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and interest via email to:
Please note that inquiries regarding the status of your submission will not be able to be addressed.
Back to Job Opportunities