PART-TIME INTERNSHIP: Publicity Department
Beloved by fans and filmmakers, Shout! Factory is a unique producer and distributor of independent film, classic and contemporary TV, music, animation and comedy. The founders pioneered the careful curation and marketing of pop culture music with their first company, Rhino Records. They brought the same passion for quality content to the video space when founding Shout! Factory in 2003, and today we are a company of over 60 dedicated employees who love to bring to the public the film and TV content they love themselves – comedy, horror, animation, nostalgia and fan favorites, delivered thru theatrical release, digital streaming, downloads, broadcast television, Blu-ray and DVD.
We are searching for a Publicity Intern. The publicity department is a busy, four person team giving an intern ample opportunity to get hands-on experience in all areas of entertainment publicity. A successful candidate is extremely organized, proactive, and assertive; additionally, he/she will also have a strong interest in developing a career in entertainment publicity. This is a paid, part-time position lasting for three-six months, with a 15-24-hour weekly commitment that can be flexible depending on the candidate’s school schedule.
Reports to: Publicity Manager
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Rate: $14.25/hour; 2-3 days a week (negotiable); 3-6 months
Paid Time Off: Paid sick leave; accrued
- Compile press clips
- Research new outlets and contacts
- Assist in updating/maintaining press contact database
- Complete press mailings
- Assist with writing press materials
- Assist with maintaining online press room
- Assist with market research and other aspects of our titles delivered via theatrical release, digital streaming, downloads, broadcast television and DVD
- Knowledge of entertainment industry and platforms is a plus;
- Previous internship experience in publicity is preferred;
- A major in public relations or communications preferred;
- Experience with FileMaker Pro, Cision, and mail merges is preferred;
- Strong interest and appreciation for entertainment and pop culture is preferred;
- Ability to take direction and work well with others is required;
- Excellent verbal/written communications, organizational and interpersonal skills is required;
- A high proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is required.
Please send in a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and interest via email to:
Please note that inquiries regarding the status of your submission will not be able to be addressed.
Back to Job Opportunities