Manager, Content Licensing & Strategy
Shout! Factory is seeking a Manager (full-time, exempt) to join our Content Licensing and Strategy team. This position will take the organizational-lead for the three-person department, keeping all information and assets moving efficiently within the department, across departments and with outside partners. Key responsibilities are outlined below. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to move up from an assistant or coordinator position.
Reports to: Director, Content Licensing & Strategy
- Identify content licensing strategies based on comparative content research and knowledge in film/tv/media trends; with training create revenue forecasts based on data/research
- Generate rights availability reports using FilmTrack (rights management database) in coordination with our internal technical operations team to vet asset deliverability
- Create sales decks, pitch content, and manage day-to-day operations of partnerships with streaming & TV platforms
- Track and analyze company revenue performance, evaluating performance of business verticals and individual projects
- Research current availability in the marketplace of content libraries being considered for acquisition by other companies
- Input all sales contract information into FilmTrack, track licensing of streaming and TV rights, track expiring sales deals
- Oversee servicing of deals, working with internal production and finance teams to ensure all materials (ProRes files, metadata, etc.) and payments are requested and delivered as required
- Administrative duties to include managing and scheduling meetings and other logistics for Content Licensing & Strategy team as required
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Knowledge of major entities and current issues in the entertainment industry with a specific understanding of classic content, new content trends, and what entertainment is most valuable today.
- Proactive, organized individual with proficiency in PowerPoint (or Keynotes), G-Suite and Office 365.
WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Experience using FilmTrack or other rights management database system (data entry, pulling reports).
- 3 – 5 years of working experience in the film or TV industry is preferred, especially in sales, marketing, or business development.
Shout! Factory has a progressive culture of commitment to our employees, our fans and our filmmakers, as well as the greater community. We'd love to have you join our team.
Check us out online at our website: shoutfactory.com and look up our company pages on Glassdoor and LinkedIn to learn more about us!
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note that phone calls or emails requesting an update on the status of your submission may not be replied to. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
2018 Benefits include:
- Health insurance paid 100% for all employees by Shout Factory beginning at a $500 annual deductible PPO level, with no waiting period.
- Participation in a 401(k) plan with both pre-tax and ROTH options after a 3-month eligibility period.
- Access to a commuter program that allows you to purchase light rail or bus passes as a pre-tax deduction.
- Access to a wellness program that includes weekly yoga classes and semi-monthly meditation sessions.
Back to Job Opportunities