Jr. Financial Analyst
Shout! Factory is a diversified multi-platform media company (65+ employees) devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. We have a wide array of content, from feature films to classic and current TV series and from kids and family friendly animation to beautifully crafted anime. Shout! Factory also maintains a vast entertainment distribution network which delivers culturally relevant programming, movie and audio content to all the leading digital service providers and across multiple platforms. Shout! Factory owns and operates Shout! Studios, Scream Factory, Shout! Factory Kids, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Timeless Media Group and Shout! Factory TV. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. We’d love to have you join our team!
Shout! Factory is seeking a Junior Financial Analyst (Part Time/30 hours per week). This role provides assistance and support to the AVP, Financial Reporting & Analysis. This is an excellent entry level position for a candidate with exceptional EXCEL and data manipulation/analysis skills.
Reports to: Associate VP, Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Month end sales report and narrative providing overview of the month and YTD vs. forecasts and prior year
- Rolling 12 months revenue report including comparison to original projections, plus narrative
- Digital revenue reporting; cumulative, top 50 by provider and transaction type, etc.
- Physical Sales by customer and project
- Maintain financial metadata file for use in analysis
- Inventory valuation for project profitability reporting
- Aid in compilation of quarterly project P&L meeting report
- Aid in compilation of competitive release analysis
- Aid in pulling of quarter end data from financial reports in NetSuite to upload into quarterly forecast files
- Populate royalty rates and details in metadata file.
- Ad Hoc/Ongoing tasks and process improvements
- Digital cumulative sales mapping –map historic digital revenues to current NetSuite system definitions
- Customer mapping and transactional type review to align historic recording with current methodology
- Creation and maintenance of a ‘digital metadata key’ with royalty and distribution rates by revenue stream
- Evaluate profitability of potential sales promotions
- Log all deletions and price change notices
Skills & Qualifications
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, and specifically EXCEL, required;
- Excellent data manipulation and data analysis skills required;
- Excellent verbal/written communications, organizational and interpersonal skills is required;
- Ability to take direction and work well with others is required;
- Knowledge of entertainment industry and platforms is a plus;
Please send in a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and interest via email to: email@example.com. Please note that inquiries regarding the status of your submission will not be able to be addressed.
Back to Job Opportunities