Shout Factory is seeking a Royalties Coordinator to join our Royalty department. The Royalties Coordinator will be primarily responsible for inputting contractual information into the royalty system, prepping and mailing quarterly royalty statements and providing administrative assistance to the Royalty Department. A successful candidate will be a self-starter with an outstanding eye for detail, proficiency in Excel, with an aptitude for learning new systems and handling a high volume of work.
Reports to: Director, Royalties
- Enter data in external royalty system for all products including label copy information, rates, artist/producer/mechanical/sync/master/joint venture/third party royalty and payee information.
- Review royalty contracts and licenses and extract pertinent deal points for rate/account setup.
- Organize and send royalty statements and payments in a timely manner; follow up on returned items for new and accurate contact information.
- Assist in the transition of manual statements currently handled outside of the royalty system.
- Research HFA refunds and handle admin updates (i.e. contact info, payee changes, etc.)
- Liaise with business affairs and licensing to maintain and administer Royalty Obligations schedule.
- Maintain royalty statement tracking schedule with updated and relevant information (i.e. mailing, courtesy copies, digital files, etc.)
- Provide administrative assistance to the department, including but not limited to check requests/reissues/voids, filing, copying and research.
- Liaise with all levels of royalties, business affairs and royalty system programming staff to obtain information and communicate issues.
- Complete special projects as directed.
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized and flexible with the ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Must have the ability to communicate and relay important information with/to all levels of internal and external personnel.
WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Prior database administration experience is preferred; experience with the RTS database system is highly preferred.
- Experience reading/interpreting royalty contracts and licenses is preferred.
- Music and music industry knowledge is preferred.
- 1 – 2 years prior experience working in entertainment, specifically with music licensing is preferred.
Shout! Factory has a progressive culture of commitment to our employees, our fans and our filmmakers, as well as the greater community. We'd love to have you join our team.
Check out our company pages on Glassdoor and LinkedIn to learn more about us!
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that phone calls or emails requesting an update on the status of your submission may not be replied to. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
2018 Benefits include
- Health insurance paid 100% for all employees by Shout Factory beginning at a $500 annual deductible PPO level, with no waiting period.
- Participation in a 401(k) plan with both pre-tax and ROTH options after a 3-month eligibility period.
- Access to a commuter program that allows you to purchase light rail or bus passes as a pre-tax deduction.
- Access to a wellness program that includes weekly yoga classes and semi-monthly meditation sessions.
Back to Job Opportunities