This is what high school was like for the rest of us. A modern classic arrives on Blu-ray at last when Shout! Factory releases Freaks and Geeks: The Complete Series Collector’s Edition on March 22, 2016. Jam-packed with a treasure trove of extras, including a new interview with series creator Paul Feig and executive producer Judd Apatow, this Blu-ray collection features all 18 episodes remastered from new 4K scans of the original camera negatives. Each remastered episode is preserved in both the original 1.33:1 broadcast aspect ratio and an enhanced 1.78:1 widescreen presentation which unveils never-before-seen expanded footage. Join Shout! Factory in celebrating this one-of-a-kind series with a set you’ll Geek out over.
To celebrate the series’ long overdue Blu-ray release, creator Paul Feig and executive producer Judd Apatow sat down with Los Angeles Times TV critic Robert Lloyd for a brand new interview to talk about their storied careers, their professional dynamic and what it’s like working with a cast full of future stars on Freaks and Geeks.
Set in 1980 at the fictional McKinley High in Detroit, Freaks and Geeks focused on two groups of outsiders: the stoners, tough kids and bad girls; and the brains, nerds and squares. Although this Emmy award-winning series ran for only one season, it has remained a cult favorite and a benchmark of quality television.
A funny and authentic portrait of high school life with all of its horrors and triumphs, Freaks And Geeks resonates with anybody who has ever felt like they don’t quite fit in. The series’ legacy – including the ongoing success of many of its key personnel, from creator Paul Feig (Bridesmaids), to executive producer Judd Apatow (The 40-Year Old Virgin), to cast members such as Linda Cardellini, Seth Rogen, James Franco, and Jason Segel – is undoubtedly secure in the hearts and minds of its passionate (and ever-growing) fanbase.
McKinley High lives on.
Freaks & Geeks Blu-ray Collector’s Edition from Shout! Factory contains:
- ALL-NEW EXCLUSIVE Conversation With Creator Paul Feig And Executive Producer Judd Apatow
- NEW booklet packed with a letter and Q&A from creators Paul Feig and Judd Apatow, essays, and memorabilia
- All 18 episodes remastered from new 4K scans of the original camera negatives preserved in both the original aspect ratio (1.33:1) and an all-new enhanced widescreen format (1.78:1)
- Special features disc, complete with all extras from both The Complete Series DVD set (2004) and The Yearbook Edition set (2008)
- 28 Commentaries From Show Producers, Studio Executives, Cast Members, Crew And Fas
- Over Two Hours Of Audition Footage And Deleted Scenes From Every Episode
- Outtakes, Bloopers And Alternate Takes From Every Episode
- Behind-The-Scenes Footage
- Original Show Promotional Footage
- Digital Yearbook